Wednesday 15 April 2009

I'm an MC not a rapper

I've been out of the office for the last 10 days shooting. But I'm back now and I feel saucier than a Damian McBride email.

So let's get into it.

Anyone remember Mis-teeq?

Before Alesha won that dancing competition she was a 'garage' MC in a 3 piece girl band. She had bars like this:

"Mis-teeq with the bump and flex".

Yeah. I know you remember.

Anyhow, here's a clip of her rolling back the years and spitting an exclusive 'freestyle' for In Your Face TV. (Warning: if you find things embarrassing you might not want to watch this.)


I'm an MC not a rapper from I'd Prefer Not To TV on Vimeo.

And here's the finished video for her new single 'Let's Get Excited', which as you know was directed by Max & Dania.


Alesha Dixon - Let's Get Excited from Nikke Osterback on Vimeo.

Tone Talauega was the choreographer. He discovered krumping and is easily one of the wicked-est people you will ever meet. Along with his brother Rich, he's worked with Michael Jackson, Madonna, Missy Eliot, J-Lo and countless others. We flew him over from Los Angeles and sent him straight to a rehearsal at Huskies in Hell-ephant just so that he could feel the real-ness.

1 comment: