Wednesday 14 October 2009

The Deuce


On Tuesday night the Odeon West End cinema in Leicester Square played host to the annual UK Music Video Awards. Adam Buxton presented the show and made me belly laugh. David Knight and Louise Stevens organized the shit out of it.

The night was a personal high for me. I was extremely honoured and proud to have done 'The Deuce'. Big up to anyone that voted for me.

However, reality bitch slapped me the following morning at 8.00am after about three hours of sleep.

Celly starts jingling.

Who the fuck's ringing me at 8.00am? Shit. I don't even know that number. Pure fuckery. It might be the post house though. I'd better answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hi Tim, sorry to call so early, but we've got a bit of a problem. The Flame op's been working on the changes all night, but the original project was in Smoke, a system he's not familiar with, so when he tried to export the additional layers over, they didn't cover the dissolve handles on shots 11 and 13, leaving black holes."

At least this is what I think he said. But he might as well have been talking in alien. After the euphoria of the previous evening, I revert back to my emotional default setting: anxiety.

"So what does that mean?"

"I'm getting someone here at 9.00am who should be able to resolve it. But realistically we won't be able to play out your master for another couple of hours. Sorry."

I could get fucked off. But what's that gonna achieve?

"OK. Thanks for letting me know."

I phone someone in digital.

"Dude, you good?"

"Yeah dog."

"Cool. So look, the master's gonna be a few hours late I'm afraid."

"Oh shit."

"Yeah sorry. It kinda is what it is. Does that fuck up our MSN exclusive?"

"We might miss it."

"Is that bad?"

"Yeah it's quite bad."

"Sorry brother man. There's not a lot I can do."

Whatever anyone else tells you, conversations like this are the basic daily reality of being a video commissioner. Prizes don't mean shit if you miss your MSN exclusive.

On another note, In Your Face fashion editor, Jeffrey De Winter, was supposed to be covering the MVA 2009 red carpet action, but he scored a bunch of shrooms and went missing in Deptford. I managed to leave my gold camera in the office so I had to pick up a disposable in a shop in Leicester Square.

"Hi, do you sell disposable cameras?"

"Yes boss. Do you want Kodak or the other one?"

"Which is best?"

"Kodak boss."

Here are some shots of the homies by the homies.

Iceland.


Mega Force 1.


Navaz.


Tatz.


Nez Nez.


Nathan. Tiddaz. Ross. Biggie.


Biggie. Nez Nez. Who's little head?


Jules et Joc.


Kearns. Biggie. Timmy.


Biggie. Nator. Sweeney


Good times.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mr Deuce - wonderful. Utterly wonderful. We're as proud as Germany when the new Pope was named.(As previously stated when my pigeon landed on the comments bit for Let's Roll.) I do like the photos. And goodness gracious me, you know some bewitchingly attractive people. But I'm perplexed to find such a small minority of tie wearers. Is the tie persona non grata, so to speak, in London now? If so, can any not being used please be shipped to NZ? We love them here. They hold up our moleskins. Yours, adoringly, but not at all surprised you buggers lost the Empire, Your brother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Double Club comrade. Congrats from t'other side of the pond.

    art

    ReplyDelete