Friday 22 August 2008

Can I get a Wu...

Yesterday we shot the video for Natty's forthcoming single 'Bedroom Eyes' with Daniel Wolfe from Partizan. Inspired by the wisdom of Von Adams, Dan told me in the morning that he was 'Too Jewish for blogs'.

Here's a picture of him repping Staten Island's finest.



Seeing this T-shirt immediately brought the memories flooding back. I love Rae, aka Raekwon the chef, aka Lou Diamonds. Here's my favourite of his many incredible raps:

'Can't stand unofficial, wet tissue, blank bustin scud missiles
You rollin like Trump, you get your meat lumped'

Here's a picture of Natty on set about 30 seconds after returning from a 'magic walk'.



Reggae? Put a donk on it.

And here's DOP Tom Townend having a toke on his light meter.



The thing I love about Dan's shoots is that he still has wrap beers on set. I hated when they got health and safetied out of existence. After a long, hard day shooting you sometimes need a cold can of the numbers to unwind. And what happened to sparks doing rails in the back of the lighting truck? Bring back wrap beers. And gurning sparks.

Finally I want to leave you with these words of purity from Eli Porter's response to the iron mic controversy:

'And if he ever want it from me, he can prise it tonight
From my cold, dead, crippled hand, he can try if he like
I messed up, I messed up, but i stayed on top'

Thank you Dan for making me aware of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment