Thursday 9 July 2009

Imaginary conversation with a stoned artist volume 1


"Hey man. So I read the treatment. I just don't think the idea has a point."

"Oh OK. But what videos do have a point? I mean what's the point of most videos?"

"I dunno man. I just want something with a point to it."

"But this kinda does have a point. You're performing in it and then other cool stuff happens."

"But that's not really a point is it. It's still without a point."

"What, you mean it's pointless?"

"Yeah man. It just needs a point. And some fucking balls man."

"OK cool."

Click.

Fuck. I think I'm gonna be sick. This video was supposed to be delivered two weeks ago. I don't need this fucking shit. 'A point'. Jesus. Nothing really has a point does it? What the fuck is 'a point' anyway? Where's the mad book? I need a definition. Poincare, poinciana, poind, poinsettia... point. A tapering extremity. A mark of punctuation. Here we go. The significant or essential thing. Great. So what am I supposed to do? Get Stephen Hawking to direct it? This is bullshit. In fact that's unfair on bulls and shit. I need a real job with a point - something like a hedge fund manager.

2 comments: