Sunday 27 September 2009

Corin

A couple of weeks ago we shot the video for Paolo Nutini's forthcoming single 'Pencil Full of Lead'. Corin Hardy from Academy directed it and Liz Kessler was the producer. Chris Massey managed to pap this picture of Corin cotching outside the location - the Stephen Street Studios, just off Tottenham Court Road, where incidentally they used to film the Gloria Hunniford show.


Unfortunately In Your Face fashion editor, Jeffrey De Winter, was in New York at the time covering fashion week. I did however manage to catch up with him briefly on the phone.

"Hey Jeffrey."

"Wussup homie?"

"Why are you whispering?"

"I can't really talk dude. Check it. I'm in a fucking suite at the Bowery. Shit is off the chains. Hedi's outside slavishly polaroiding this 18 year Michelangelo. The kid's nekkid except for a Boy London cap. And Karl's just sitting on the fucking couch eating baby food. It's some fin de siecle shit, I'm telling you brother."

"No way. You OK?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I've just been smoking hella cush weed and I'm horny as hell. I came into the bathroom to jerk off."

"Jesus dude."

"What?"

"Hey, did you get that picture I sent you?"

"Yeah. Who the fuck is that guy?"

"Corin Hardy. He just directed a P-Lo video for us."

"Well he's triple OG. Punk as fuck brother man. Homeboy doesn't care. That's what directors should look like. I love it. Kubrick parka and offie bags on his feet. Chic. Tell me he had a can of Special Brew in his back pocket? He should come and hang out on the drunky bench in Dalston. That's what it's all about. Tramp style. Fuck all those other plimsole wearing bitches. That's director realness. Shit dude, someone's knocking. Gotta go."

1 comment: